Quick Answer: Is Rego And Green Slip The Same Thing?

Do I need a green slip?

A greenslip is a legal requirement for all motor vehicles registered in NSW, except trailers, which are covered by the towing vehicle.

A greenslip does not cover damage to cars or property..

How do I know if my car has a green slip?

How to checkSelect the ‘Check online’ button.Enter your driver licence number or billing number, and the vehicle’s plate number.Select ‘Submit’.Review the prices displayed.

Do you pay Rego or CTP first?

To complete your registration renewal you must follow the BPAY instructions on the page. If the registration you are paying is for a light vehicle for a six month term, you must pay before the CTP policy ‘use by’ date. The ‘use by’ date can be found on the CTP policy or by contacting your insurer.

Do I need a green slip before blue slip?

Before you can register your vehicle in NSW you will be required to purchase a CTP green slip. You may also be required to arrange a safety and identity inspection for your vehicle. … A blue slip is required for vehicles being transferred from interstate or being re-registered after the registration has been cancelled.